Everyone deserves a peaceful and undisturbed sleep after a tiring day. Silk bed sheets can provide just that apart from being an excellent investment for your skin, hair, and health as they contain natural proteins. They offer a luxurious, elite look and smooth, soft, soothing skin.
However, wide varieties of silk are available in the market, and it can be confusing as to which one is of genuine quality. Read on to know how you can check the quality of the silk bedding that you are thinking of buying.
Things to Check While Buying Silk Bedding
- Kind of Silk – You should always search for pure quality Mulberry Silk bed sheets. It is the highest quality silk, extracted from silkworms specially bred and fed Mulberry leaves. This kind of silk has smooth, solid and uniformly coloured strands. Moreover, charmeuse silk has the strongest weave, which binds the silk strands together into a durable fabric. It provides a smooth and friction-free touch to the fabric, and this silk hydrates the hair and skin and removes frizz and fine lines from your face.
- Silk Grade – The silk grading system offers information about the quality of silk. Silk products of the highest grade are costly, and you should refrain from buying low-quality silk that contains silk blended with some other inferior fabric. Silk grades can be divided into the A, B and C types and each one of these is further categorized into six categories. The highest grade is the 6A grade as these strands are pure, durable and have a natural shine.
- Weight of Silk – Silk weight is measured in momme, and the higher the momme, the denser the fabric. Silk bed sheets weighing 22 momme are considered of high quality. You should purchase a product that mentions the silk weight; otherwise, there remains the risk of purchasing inferior quality silk.
- Environmental-Friendly Silk – You should look for silk bed sheets that have been certified OEKO – Tex Standard 100 Certified, which ensures that all the strands of silk are free from toxic and harmful chemicals and the silk is free from irritants and toxins.
- Size and Colour Options – You should measure the bed sheet size before buying them. You might need a single, double, king or queen-sized bedsheet, and you should check the stitching correctly. Plenty of colour options are also available, and you should select the one which is soothing to the eyes and according to your taste.
Where to Get the Best Quality Silk Bed Sheets?
You can obtain pure quality silk bed sheets that match all the above criteria from a brand known as Mayfairsilk. They use genuine quality silk for manufacturing silk bed sheets and have won multiple awards such as ‘Most Outstanding Bedding Store 2022- London by Business Elite Awards’. for their outstanding performance. They use the 6A grade in 22 momme, and their silk is OEKO – Tex Standard 100 Certified. Their fabric provides all the benefits of silk. They are presently expanding their service to the USA and the Middle East. For more information, you can visit www.mayfairsilk.com.